Several years ago now, we started out life as Property Buddy. A mobile application aimed at making property management for self-managing landlords easier and more mobile.
Property Buddy was built by our CEO Charles, ostensibly to help him manage his own property. He wanted something that could streamline the accounting process and most importantly, something that he could use to effectively manage his rental on the go. However, at the time there was nothing on the market that satisfied his needs.
So, he custom built an app, largely for his own personal use, and stuck it up on the App store. Inevitably, although somewhat to Charle’s surprise, it started gaining momentum, it seemed a lot of people needed the app for exactly the same reason.
Fast forward to 2018 and we have become Landlord Studio.
Why did we become Landlord Studio?
Not everyone was happy with our change to Landlord Studio. However, you can’t always please everyone, and we had a couple of very good reasons for making the change.
- First, Property Buddy stored data locally. What this meant was that if you lost your device, there was a chance that you’d lose all of your data too (if you hadn’t backed it up recently).
- Second, the code wouldn’t allow for automating tasks – a vital update to save landlords time – or the introduction of bank feeds. Which is something that is about to be released in Beta in US and Canada!
- On top of this, a number of people wanted desktop software as well.
This change was an excellent opportunity for us to refine our brand identity, clean up our UX and ensure scalability and future development potential for the app.
What if you’re still using Property Buddy?
Property buddy no longer has technical support or updates, however we don’t want to cut our loyal users off so the app will stay live until all users migrate over.
How to Migrate from Property Buddy to Landlord Studio
- Go to settings;
- Select “I want access via desktop”;
- Enter in your email address and password;
- It will migrate all data to the cloud as well as your current subscription;
- Download the Landlord Studio App and login.
And you’re all set to use Landlord Studio.
The Future of Landlord Studio
We are looking to grow our service over the coming years with additional features like (although not limited to) the following:
To save you time we want to make as much of the process of managing your rentals automated as possible. Which is why we are introducing updates like the next one on the list.
The beta version of bank feed integration is rolling out to USA and Canada at the end of August.
For your reminders and to help you keep your important accounting software up to date (though we will help you automate as much of this as possible you will still need to do some tasks manually).
Affiliate Referral Scheme
To reward our loyal users!